News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1996 Tiger

Started by garrett, September 01, 2015, 02:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrett

Hello,

I have a 1996 Tiger that I am selling that I've had for about 6 years now.  I bought the bike from a guy in Oregon, had it shipped and spent a little time getting it dialed in as it sat for a little while. 

I put stock cans back on it, re-jetted it back to stock, installed new plugs, wires and Nology coils and got it running great.  I did quite a few things before getting it back on the road.

ROX bar risers
MSA screen
Lowered pegs
Seat reupholstered (new cover)
TKC 80 tires (front and rear) 80% tread left
Painted the tank and other bits and had some new die cut Triumph decals made
Crash bars (cleaned and painted)
Center stand
Soft bags
Rear mounted Pelican

I have not ridden the bike in a little over a year.  I bought a GS and then bought a KTM 950 Adventure and am getting rid of the GS and Tiger.  Honestly I'd love to keep the Tiger, but am really limited on time and space.  It's a really great bike and runs VERY nice.  It's going to need a shock rebuild as it's very soft - yeah, yeah I know....I'm 235lbs, but regardless it is past due.  I had Squatch do my GS shocks and they turned out great.  It also has a cracked front rotor.  So that will need replaced.  The calipers on the front were seized when I started putting in new pads and noticed the crack. 

I am located in Middleburg, VA which is about an hour west of Washington, DC.  My email is garrettpsu1@gmail.com

The bike currently has 15,XXX miles on it. 

I've represented the bike as best I can, but please ask questions.  I think a fair price for the bike is $2,750 as it is, but then again it's worth what someone is willing to pay me for it.  So have at it. 

Thank you -

Garrett

www.overlandexperts.com

1996 Triumph Tiger
2000 BMW 1150 GS Adventure
2005 KTM 950 Adventure

Bixxer Bob

For what it's worth I really like the gunmetal grey colour scheme, hope you get lucky
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Good luck with the sale and I hope it goes to a good home. I have a riding buddy who fell in love with a KTM, too, and had to say goodbye to his Triumph. I was the lucky one because I bought it off him!!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

garrett

It's bitter sweet.  I spent a lot of time working on the Triumph getting it just the way I wanted it and really like the bike.  It's a little small for me (6-3, 235), so on longer rides it gets a little rough.  But for local rides it's a very fun bike the way it is set up.  I got the BMW thinking it would be a better bike for longer rides and maybe end up being "the" bike, but I was wrong.  The GS is a really big bike and it feels every bit of that size.  It's not balanced nearly as well as the Tiger or KTM, but the GS is more comfy.  So when I got the KTM it was almost a perfect blend "holy shit this is crazy fun" and being an easy bike to live with day to day. 

My buddy I ride with has a 2015 Tiger XcX that he really likes.  Seem like nice bikes, but the Steamers have character that isn't or can't be replicated in modern bikes.  The motors might sound a little agricultural, but they provide some solid fun, easy to work on and appear to be quite reliable. 
www.overlandexperts.com

1996 Triumph Tiger
2000 BMW 1150 GS Adventure
2005 KTM 950 Adventure