News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

used 2000

Started by BigCanoe, May 06, 2005, 12:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigCanoe

The dealer is asking 6399 for a used 2000 Tiger with 3k miles.  Is this a fair price?

guydan

Quote from: "BigCanoe"The dealer is asking 6399 for a used 2000 Tiger with 3k miles.  Is this a fair price?

I just bought a 2000 with 14k miles for $5250.  Excellent condition, new Anakees, off-road can, K&N air filter, center stand and service manual.  I wouldn't pay a $1000 premium for the mileage, as a bike that has been well cared for, has 10k to 15k miles, and is in the low $5k range is a better bet.  With the $1000 you save, you can buy most of the extras that people talk about on this forum. IMHO

BTW, I love the bike, except for the seat, must buy the Triumph gel seat!
Cheers,

Doug

BigCanoe

I havent talked to them yet, the ad is vague, it just says Triumph Slip on Exhaust, like new.

Kill Switch

knarf

For comparision that would sell in UK for £2500-£3000, unless its in a dealer showroom and they'll be asking arounf £4K
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

jp4evr

Does seem a bit high.  I just got out the door with my 2000 for 4900.  It has 34k on the clock and full luggage and Thunderbike crash bars and PIAA lights and new Tourances and Corbin seat and... and...  :lol:
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!