News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rugby.

Started by Nick Calne, September 20, 2015, 04:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

I'm enjoying the RWC at the moment and the thought went through my mind that a lot of the blokes that ride tigers are generally larger, erm.... solidly constructed citizens. Like rugby players. A tiger would be a good bike for most players.

I wonder how many ex-players ( club, uni, school, British Lion, whatever) we have amongst us?

I played until I was in my mid thirties. Too brittle now.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Hooker (which is why I have a nose like I do) until I went overseas.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Played rugby in school (never got into football or cricket), for the Harlow Colts, and here in Vernon. I was always a prop, but tried number 8 a couple of times. Nowadays someone my size would be considered too small for the scrum!!

I played until I started running (marathons/ultras) in the early '80s. It's seldom on TV here (not that I have one!) so I don't get to watch a game very often.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Geoff W

My school was too common to play rugby. However that has never stopped me following the Newcastle Falcons. Did you see the South Africa v Japan game? What a great advertisement for the game of rugby that was.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Nick Calne

It was a great game Geoff.

Thinking about it XJC used to play for Glasgow.  Wonder if he's still on the forum.

Nick to go from prop to ultra marathons is quite a physical transition, good work. :icon_salut:

GavD

Never really played at school - had a few goes at HMS Collingwood during my apprenticeship but the general opinion from the PTI's was I was too slow to be a back & too fragile to be a forward.

Just got back from Wembley where me & the wife saw NZ v Arg, also got tickets for;
Aus v Fiji
Ire v Rom
Wales v Fiji
Eng v Aus
Usa v Jap
Final

We've been saving for 5 years for this since it was announced.

SWING LOW...................
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Sin_Tiger

Envy  :thumbsup

The way it's going so far it's going to be really interesting  :nod
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Well it's England vs Wales in a minute and I've got to go and see Threepot tomorrow.... :icon_eek:

C'mon England!

trophydave

I played at school but wasnt really any good at it.My three brothers all played club rugby for years and are still avid fans now.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: NickVladivostock on September 26, 2015, 07:48:33 PM
Well it's England vs Wales in a minute and I've got to go and see Threepot tomorrow.... :icon_eek:

C'mon England!

Better take some pie with you Nick  :ear

Fantastic game, great play on both sides  :thumbsup

Nick Calne

Amazing game. Heroic Wales performance.

Bet Robshaw is going to get the bbq treatment for that decision though.

Really looking forward to crossing the bridge tomorrow.

Sin_Tiger

I'm not sure it was the wrong decision to not go for the kick but the Welsh were just so disciplined and knew exactly how to deal with it.

I haven't seen a drop goal in an International game for ages, beautiful, you could almost see the faces around the stadium doing a WTF  :^_^

Nick Calne

I was screaming at the telly.....kick it kick it!

Would have been a draw at that point.

Then it comes down to who does best against the Australians.  Us with a full, undefeated team or Wales with a handful of fit players?

threepot

Quote from: NickVladivostock on September 26, 2015, 07:48:33 PM

C'mon England!

Tomorrow has come Nick.....see you later :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

You blokes are making me really envious..... :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"