News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How to put a pic in your profile...

Started by JayDub, October 21, 2015, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Hey Joe Dirt, This is completely irrelevant to the post but... how did you get a picture in you signature? I've tried to copy and paste and couldn't find a way to upload one  :icon_scratch: is it hosted on a photo site?

Mustang

pretty much the only way it works..............

remember though that the bigger the file size is ,you'll slow page loads down for people with slow connections
and it looks stupid when you have a lot of posts on the same page

JayDub

Thanks mustang, I'll try sus it tomorrow. The pic is 271x75 pixels, would that be ok?

JoeDirt

Quote from: JayDub on October 21, 2015, 08:54:10 PM
Hey Joe Dirt, This is completely irrelevant to the post but... how did you get a picture in you signature? I've tried to copy and paste and couldn't find a way to upload one  :icon_scratch: is it hosted on a photo site?

Sorry I didn't see your post until now. I am even more sorry that you got it to work...  :ImaPoser

nickjtc

Quote from: JoeDirt on October 21, 2015, 10:58:41 PM
I am even more sorry that you got it to work...  :ImaPoser

Indeed!! Could it be any bigger
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

Quote from: JayDub on October 21, 2015, 10:54:32 PM
Thanks mustang, I'll try sus it tomorrow. The pic is 271x75 pixels, would that be ok?
:nod :nod

JoeDirt

Quote from: JayDub on October 21, 2015, 10:54:32 PM

You should use this picture... Mustang will like it better:

Mustang

JayDub

Quote from: JoeDirt on October 21, 2015, 10:58:41 PM
Sorry I didn't see your post until now. I am even more sorry that you got it to work...
I didn't... that was Mustang!... I still don't know how to get a pic in there, Is your pic on your PC, our is it hosted on a photo site?
If its on the PC can you give me an example of the address? i.e. [img]xxxx[img]

Mustang

go to your profile and edit your signature ,

you should see where I added the url for the picture in between the img tags .
you can post any url there that directs to a photo ,
and yes it has to be on the net somewhere ,
ie hotlink to someone elses pic or a photo hosting site .

JayDub

Quote from: Mustang on October 22, 2015, 07:16:52 PM
go to your profile and edit your signature ,

you should see where I added the url for the picture in between the img tags .
you can post any url there that directs to a photo ,
and yes it has to be on the net somewhere ,
ie hotlink to someone elses pic or a photo hosting site .
Tried that - uploaded image to 'Dropbox' online storage and used their link, but no image showing :icon_scratch:
I don't usually have a prob with these things.

Mustang

it was a tricky one , the whole link was not being copied , finally got it to work .
even photobucket wasn't seeing the whole link .

Mustang

your eating up my bandwidth.................... :nono
:hat10

JayDub

Quote from: Mustang on October 23, 2015, 02:28:48 AM
your eating up my bandwidth.................... :nono
:hat10
Are you winding me up Mustang?? I can never tell when you're serious... Anyway, mine is smaller than Joe Dirts (!) ...erm, the picture that is  :icon_redface:

JoeDirt

Quote from: JayDub on October 23, 2015, 08:26:25 PM
Are you winding me up Mustang?? I can never tell when you're serious... Anyway, mine is smaller than Joe Dirts (!) ...erm, the picture that is  :icon_redface:

He broke my post that had your sig in it several times. He was talking to me. This time... :notworthy

Do you always poke a hornet nest with a stick?  :ImaPoser ..........mustang