News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Shock

Started by threepot, October 27, 2015, 08:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Is the Jack preventing the link from lowering? Try it under the bash plate? I would recommend removing that link,and inspecting the bearings etc. Easy to re grease every thing then if its all ok.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Danwarb

Quote from: threepot on May 24, 2016, 11:41:18 PM
Is the Jack preventing the link from lowering? Try it under the bash plate? I would recommend removing that link,and inspecting the bearings etc. Easy to re grease every thing then if its all ok.

I'VE DONE IT !

Thanks Threepot !

I raised the bike from under the engine block. Then I used a crow bar to gently lever the shock in to place and fiddled the bolts back in before tightening. The links all seem fine and where still seemingly newly greased. My Tiger has only done 11,000 miles which also means the shock I've removed is well worth renovating so I'm looking forward to doing that before replacing it again.
The temporary shock I bought is rusty but the rear suspension it now gives is much firmer so I'm sure my Tiger will now pass it's MOT (with the new tyre being fitted) and it'll get me away to the festival !!!

I'm SO chuffed !!

Thank you to all of you !

:*
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

GavD

Dan,

You heading my way for this festival?
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

tjmann0

Just fitted a Hagon rear shock to mine , I have heard of top yoke failure on these but comparing it with the original it's the same size and fittings I can only presume that they have been fitted incorrectly , Anyone else had similar problems ?

GavD

I grabbed a second hand Hagon off ebay a couple of years back that was in great condition, didn't look like it'd done much work. They listed it under the part number, not what bike it was for, got for £50........ bargain

It's been fine.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

ghulst

Have a Hagon under mine. Works great.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011