News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tire cupping

Started by ssevy, December 07, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ssevy on December 07, 2015, 08:28:05 PM
I only paid $79 for this Shinko, and it has been stellar with some seriously hard and fully loaded miles. The rear is also ready to replace at a bit over 10,000 miles on it. Really like these tires!

That's crackin value  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ssevy

They really are a good value, but honestly, they have worked great for me based upon their performance only. The majority of my miles are with me and all of my luggage aboard, logging in 300 mile days one after the other. It is fair to say that I don't let the grass grow under this bike!
By the way, those days always include some heavy rain riding on wet roads, and I have never had a single pucker moment with these tires. My riding buddies are always amazed at how well the Tiger handles the twisties, and I have ground the toe of my boot several times while taking a fast turn.
Unless they drastically change something about this tire, I see no reason to seek out anything else, as they meet my needs just fine.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.