News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

handlebar replacement

Started by TR5TRIDER, November 20, 2015, 09:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR5TRIDER

I am looking for new handlebars to replace damaged originals.. I like the original dimensions and configuration and would like the new ones to near replicate the old. Has anyone found aftermarket bars that are similar to the originals?

nickjtc

I cannot give input as to appropriate after market bars, except to say that if you choose chrome ones you will be subject to all kinds of stuff by the unforgiving members of this august forum!!  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Quote from: nickjtc on November 20, 2015, 09:36:13 PM
I cannot give input as to appropriate after market bars, except to say that if you choose chrome ones you will be subject to all kinds of stuff by the unforgiving members of this august forum!!  :icon_wink:
I believe certain ATV Moose bars are a close match - Black ones  :icon_lol:
... and its not august its November Nick.

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

ghulst

I'm actually looking to replace mine with a set that is straight and higher to improve my seating position. So, might have a set left over soon. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

TR5TRIDER

JayDub,thank you for the Moose info I will research that and see what is available.

Mustang

the moose ATV bend is taller and wider with not as much sweep back , more like an old style MX bar
I really like them on the steamer .

TR5TRIDER

Mustang, I am thinking that the Moose bars you like are p/n 0601-1801 can you verify?

Mustang

TR5TRIDER

Thanks Mustang, I will get them ordered today so's we can see if the old girl is rideable and roadworthy.

TR5TRIDER

Moose bars p/n 0601-1801 arrived have them in place and due to the fact that they are wider than the old ones I find that the throttle cable will need to be rerouted and then there will be the bar ends to deal with. Wonder if thee any inserts out there that would allow the original ones to be reused?

JayDub

mine were fitted using a 40mm piece of rubber tube with a nut and washer, so as the rubber expands inside the bar as the bolt tightens... but I found a rawlbolt (masonry anchor) was more secure fixing.

TR5TRIDER

Thank you for the rawl bolt suggestion, JayDub.