News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

shipping??

Started by jaredmroy, May 10, 2005, 04:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredmroy

Anybody have recommendations on a shipper? I'm looking to ship a motorcycle from CA to MN.

Thanks

Jared

ArizonaKid

Most of the major carriers (moving companies) ship vehicles, including motorcycles. I've used Allied before and they did a good job.  Some of the expense depends on the prep for shipping. You can pay extra and have it crated up, or for less $ you can do the pallet thing.  Metal containers where you simply drive in, lash the bike down, drain the fluids and walk away are also commonly used.  I'd use a major (reputable) carrier and be done with it.
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

Speed3guy

I really like Forwar Air. (http://www.forwardair.com)  They're fast, cheep and supply great containers so that you don't have to crate or worry about damage from shipping without a crate.

newmanr19

Quote from: "Speed3guy"I really like Forwar Air. (http://www.forwardair.com)  They're fast, cheep and supply great containers so that you don't have to crate or worry about damage from shipping without a crate.

I just used Forward Air and while they got the job done, I wasn't impressed at all. They cost just as much as a door-to-door service except you get the extra hassle of dropping the bike off, draining the gas, removing parts that don't fit, providing your own tie-downs and locks etc. and then picking it up at a terminal location. They arn't any quicker then anyone else (took almost three weeks from time of order) The container I got was late arriving and it was too small (ordered the medium size) and it was all nasty, oily and rusty inside. The large container which was really what I should have gotten for the Tiger is $100 more and insurance cost $100 extra as well so no thanks Forward Air.

I would have done a door-to-door transfer for the same amount (or less) money then what FA charged me and would not have had the hassles, but I live on a dead end street on a big hill so it would have been too hard to get the truck up and down. Most will come right to your door, take the keys and load up and are gone. They provide the tie downs, pallet, some even give you a free bike cover that you can keep.

offroad55

Try www.shippingmasters.com  I had ny Tiger shipped from the East cost to Seattle, door to door for $450.00.  I think their prices just went up to $495.00 for coast to coast shipping but still very cheap for door to door service.

Norm
Norm

wtrlogd

I would just ride it  :D
2005 Triumph Tiger

1997 ATK605DS

wtrlogd

I would just ride it  :D
2005 Triumph Tiger

1997 ATK605DS