News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Does anybody know what this is?

Started by trophydave, December 13, 2015, 05:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trophydave

I removed my fuel pump to change the filter and this was sat in the bottom of the tank.Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

trophydave

Apologies,I am new to this photo posting thing.I managed it yesterday but somehow made a mess of it today.Must keep practicing.Is the picture too large?,I cant see a way to resize it in Google photos.

95tiger

there is no pic at all ................

photobucket.com is much better
google photos blows

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

trophydave

Chris Canning

It worked for me after my post but no idea what it is. :icon_scratch:

Dutch

motoOzarks

put something next to it for size reference
is it metal or rubber etc.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

KuzzinKenny

Looks like the bit the tank sits on at the front, thats if its small and made O rubber  :^_^

did i win  :bad

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

trophydave

Good point.It is hard black plastic,23mm diameter across the bottom and 17mm tall.I have no idea why it would be sat in the tank, nothing is missing off the pump plate or fuel sender.

nickjtc

If it was actually inside the tank, perhaps someone has been messing with you??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

trophydave

It was loose inside the tank.In the three years that I have owned the bike no one else has opened the fuel cap so I think that it was down to a previous owner.I am not going to worry about it,the new filter is fitted and the pump plate is back on the tank.