News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch push rod question ??

Started by Sparky, December 24, 2015, 07:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

I have the sprocket cover off for a new sprocket and I would like to replace all of the seals while in there, can I remove the clutch push rod or will something go kerplink into the bottom of the cases ?

I did a search and nothing came up.

Thanks
Chris
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

JayDub

Its OK, just pull it out, change the seal then have a look at the rod and if it is showing much wear then turn it around, and then you'll have a 'new' rod - or new friction/wear area at least... put a small blob of grease on each end too, also wipe a bit of oil along the rod to lube the new seal.

Sparky

Quote from: JayDub on December 24, 2015, 01:35:27 PM
Its OK, just pull it out, change the seal then have a look at the rod and if it is showing much wear then turn it around, and then you'll have a 'new' rod - or new friction/wear area at least... put a small blob of grease on each end too, also wipe a bit of oil along the rod to lube the new seal.

Perfect, thanks.

fishnbiker

How much mechanical do you want to get into while doing the sprocket? There's a mod that separates the oil reservoir from the sprocket cover that makes maintenance much easier. Involves some cutting, welding & fabrication , but well worth it.

Check the "stickies" for http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5024.msg31574.html#msg31574
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Sparky

Quote from: fishnbiker on December 28, 2015, 09:03:42 PM
How much mechanical do you want to get into while doing the sprocket? There's a mod that separates the oil reservoir from the sprocket cover that makes maintenance much easier. Involves some cutting, welding & fabrication , but well worth it.

Check the "stickies" for http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5024.msg31574.html#msg31574

Good info, this might be a project for next year as I have enough on the go right now.

fishnbiker

Keep in touch on it. There have been many conversions, some more suitable than others. Look at them all before cutting. Mustang gave me the kickstart on making mine. PM / email me for details.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE