News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

One Wheel'ed Tiger!

Started by JoeDirt, January 15, 2016, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeDirt

nickjtc

First question that springs to mind is..............why? It's kind of answering a question no one has asked. Except maybe the Segway crowd who are tired of standing up.

Hereabouts you certainly would NOT be allowed to ride it on the sidewalk or in to buildings.

And of course the $64k questions are, how much, range, liability issues etc etc?

Sorry to sound like a ghof  :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

JoeDirt

Quote from: nickjtc on January 15, 2016, 06:53:34 PM
First question that springs to mind is..............why? It's kind of answering a question no one has asked. Except maybe the Segway crowd who are tired of standing up.

Second of all... why not?

I could see bicycle police trading in their bicycles and parking police giving out parking tickets on them. I am almost sure you could use the same tech with a gasoline engine. Won't all of the cool kids drive these off bridges next?

Back when I was a kid... motorcycles had two wheels.

Bixxer Bob

I see one almighty face-plant if it goes wrong, or if it hits any significant obstacle for that matter...  :bug_eye
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

I'll take two.

(Preferrable joined, in line, by a frame)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JoeDirt

I just remembered what this reminds me of... B.C. comic strip:

nickjtc

nickjtc

BruKen

Quote from: JoeDirt on January 15, 2016, 08:49:58 PM
Second of all... why not?

....and parking police giving out parking tickets on them. ........

Torch the lot and the inventor! :nono

nickjtc

Quote from: BruKen on January 16, 2016, 03:39:29 PM
Torch the lot and the inventor! :nono

Careful, you might become Captain Buzzkill number 2 :ImaPoser

Mustang

BruKen

I have a very deep and personal dislike of the Parking Nazis which extends to all and everything that aids and abets them. They're a very special breed of bastard and welcome to that bastard machine. I hope the brakes are sharp.  :bad Uglee too  :icon_eek:
Everytime I go for a cruise on my motor yacht some fekker puts a penalty notice on the windscreen for each days absence. Its not like I dont pay the council close on £4 grand a year parking and mooring rights and they want me to what? Catch a bus? Go away for a week and you get 400 bucks in fines. Swines.

Its a dumbass idea anyway. Motorised unicycles. What, the circus come to town? Gimme general, I desrve promotion.  :nod

Nick Calne

In all fairness, it is a clever little machine as an engineering study.  A lot of recycled segway technology I guess.  It does look terrible but this guy is clearly an engineer not a pantone marker wielding designery marketing type of guy.

With a better styling package and some work on the ergonomics (it looks uncomfortable!) I could see a lot of the type of pillocks who ride push along scooters and skateboards to work snapping it up, as well as parking wardens. 

I hope the guy makes a million for his hard work.  I reckon we'll all make our millions offering dental or legal services to people who've faceplanted on it!  :augie  :nap  :pimp

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: Nick Calne on January 16, 2016, 10:46:40 PM
I reckon we'll all make our millions offering dental or legal services to people who've faceplanted on it!  :augie  :nap  :pimp

Which is why I commented on the liability issues.