News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Endoscope

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 17, 2016, 07:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I already have a USB endoscope that I use for looking inside upvc doors when working on failed locks but i have to have my laptop handy to plug it in and - being old tech - the resolution is not great.

I bought one that connects to my phone this week and am mightily impressed.  It will be handy for all sorts of things, including bore inspections without having to take the head off, looking for that bolt I dropped that didn't hit the floor and is now lodged in the dark recesses of the frame etc etc.

Go on, you know you want one, and for seven quid, what's not to like:

http://www.eachbuyer.com/usb-2-0-led-borescope-endoscope-pipe-inspection-snake-tube-video-camera-2m-p295032.html

The pic of the text was taken at a distance of about 2cm

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I bought an integrated Maplin one a while back, works not bad but the focal range is not wonderful. Be interested to see how you get on with that one. I like the idea of being able to use your phone  :thumbsup

Is this the one you meant http://www.eachbuyer.com/6-led-7mm-lens-android-endoscope-waterproof-inspection-borescope-tube-camera-3m-length-p372702.html
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

You got me wondering now Sin;  I pulled up that link as an example, but having logged in and looked at my orders, I didn't buy it from them.  I'll have to sift through the junk mail to find who I did buy it from.  £17 isn't such a bargain....  :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BruKen

I bought one with 7m cable length for looking under the boat to determine fouling growth. Wasn't much good for that, too narrow a focus. However it has proved invaluable for getting round a cramped engine bay looking for bolts and bits that I have dropped. Only dislike is it's not on a remotely manouverable gooseneck. If I was to advise anybody to get one, that would be my advice. Having it on a floppy USB lead limits it tremendously.

ssevy

Hmmm...being a fellow in my mid fifties (okay, late fifties☺️), I thought this thread was about caring for your colon at home, but I can see that the cable is much too short. Also, wouldn't want to drop my phone during the procedure😳
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

nickjtc

Quote from: ssevy on February 15, 2016, 04:14:24 PM
Hmmm...being a fellow in my mid fifties (okay, late fifties☺️), I thought this thread was about caring for your colon at home, but I can see that the cable is much too short. Also, wouldn't want to drop my phone during the procedure😳

:ImaPoser
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Timbox2

Im married to a Palliative care Nurse, I aint bringing one of them home :pottytrain2
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

Quote from: Timbox2 on February 15, 2016, 07:33:21 PM
Im married to a Palliative care Nurse, I aint bringing one of them home :pottytrain2
I got one! I'll call by for a panad some time  :icon_biggrin: