News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Headlight stylish upgrade

Started by jp7rgv, January 31, 2016, 08:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jp7rgv

Hi there,
I was thinking to do something about the lights on my tiger.
I tried to find union jack headlight decals but couldn't find any for sale.
Then I think about putting black tape x shaped like on cafe racers but I am afraid that it will left marks from heat if removed.
Any ideas?
Has anyone tried these?

What about installing different headlights?

jp7rgv

A bit pricey but wonder how would it looks

motoOzarks

Girlies already have the best looking lights

Unless you break them or are bored.......why?
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

jp7rgv

Just for the change.
Moreover stickers are a reverseable  option that doesn't cost anything.

Sin_Tiger

A lot depends on the material the stickers are made from. You may need to think about the legal aspect, depends how difficult your local traffic officers are. Also if you do decide to ride at night in the countryside, it will restrict your vision.

Can I suggest considering a set of acrylic headlight protectors that attach by small velcro pads, you can decorate those and easily remove them when you need to.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

jp7rgv

Nice idea sin_tiger. Any more info? Where to buy.
Also I found a source to buy stickers, what do you think?
http://www.triumphchepassione.com/ecommerce/en/adesivi/kit-adesivi-coprifanale-union-jack-scala-di-grigi

jp7rgv

The other idea with black tape.
But afraid that if removed it will leave marks

motoOzarks

cut a round piece of plexi and mount it on the light and put the tape on it

make it like an "x"

it'll look like your telling everybody not to do it

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Sin_Tiger

Passionne are OK to deal with, be careful with some others!

If you use normal electrical tape, it will definitely leave a baked on residue.

The one shown in your picture is not directly attached to the glass but mounted with side brackets onto the reflector,  not so easy to do with the Girly.

The ones I have for the Steamer are round of course and I can't remember where I got them.

You might want to have a go at making your own from some acrylic to suit the Girly light shape and some velcro dots.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Why do we keep seeing pictures of Bonnies? Youve got a Girly havent you?
2016 Tiger Sport

jp7rgv

Relax, it's just an example.
Just to show what I have seen on other bikes and I consider if it will look nice on tiger

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 01, 2016, 02:13:33 PM

If you use normal electrical tape, it will definitely leave a baked on residue....

Girly lights are glass Sin???
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 01, 2016, 10:01:16 PM
Girly lights are glass Sin???

Yup, I've seen the results on glass, all be it on a Honda, not pretty and never really got it 100% clean.

jp7rgv

Thanks for the info mate.
It seems that the only option is acrylic protectors and the sticker from passione but they didn't reply to the mail I sent them about shipping and fitting questions

jp7rgv

Does anyone remember which company made these and where to buy?