News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 Rear Shock

Started by Bushwhacker, May 19, 2005, 06:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bushwhacker

Has anyone changed the rear shock on a 2005 Tiger.

If so, what was involved and was it difficult.

Thanks.
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

bmbskee

You don't like your shock???

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "bmbskee"You don't like your shock???

My butt is too close to the ground, so I need to get the Tiger a little lower to match.

I have slipped the front forks about 20 mm and I have ordered a Hagon seat lowering shock for the rear which is supposed to lower the seat about 40 mm and improve the ride and handling as well.

It is due to be delivered in a couple of weeks and I was just wondering how much work was involved in changing it.

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

thylacine

holland1

hmm   lowering the back more than the front shouldn't improve the steering i'm afraid......

personally i replaced the springs by WP replacements and they greatly imrove riding abilities for road use....

As a suggestion for your problem maybe its better to mount a smaller saddle or adjust the current one?  Maybe this way youre feet can stay on the ground and not only your toes?

bye rob
gas is alles