News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Need for concern?

Started by JoeDirt, February 29, 2016, 01:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeDirt

I was browsing the threads and I realized that I have lots of MODs. Some of my MODs were done by myself and some were done by the previous owners. My bike has changed hands several times... she's been around the block a few times. :bad

Short list:

• Airbox MOD
  • 19T front sprocket
  • TOR can
  • TOR map

I ride it on the street here in North Carolina with no issues of being too loud... or running out of gears with my low torque front gear. She takes off with a nice growl and pulls away from traffic nicely. Should I be concerned that the front will come off the ground?

On the down low... I have all the bits to make it normal again. Give me good reason why I should. :hat10

Linux_Tyro

A couple of posts in the "Air box mod" thread indicate that it will lift the front or break the rear loose with these mods.

atokad

I didnt like the airbox mod.  I put the 18T CS back on and dont believe it didnt much of anything but lower my MPG by a couple miles.  Also, to get ir cranked up past 80 MPH took too much roadway.

Horrible mod for me, but I do weigh about 250 with gear and all of my riding is done at an elevation of 5000 feet and higher. :nap

Chris Canning

What's this the thread for the lunatic fringe!!! :icon_redface:

All the airbox mod does is help pep the motor up a touch so you can carry a 19t sprocket and give the bike longer legs,pick the front end up!! break the rear loose!!! and then a guy turns up who lives on top of a mountain who weighs more than both myself and my wife and all the luggage we need for two weeks on the road  :icon_eek:

For anyone else looking for more,here's my solution as of 2 weeks ago.

Sin_Tiger

There goes the pension Chris  :bad
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JoeDirt

Thanks for the replies. According to this thread I need to gain weight, carry more luggage and find a wife. Not necessarily in that order... :icon_study:

Chris Canning, nice bike! :thumbsup

Dyn Blin

Keep it like that, then come out to  Nor Cal and take a wheelie course- They need to see another old Tiger on the track.

http://www.superbike-coach.com/riding-programs

This is why we can't have nice things.

Chris Canning

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 04, 2016, 12:13:46 PM
There goes the pension Chris  :bad

Absolutely!! I get a letter from a Micky Mouse pension I had from years ago 'We'll buy you out for 10 grand' I found the rest down the back of the sofa  :ImaPoser so there's 5 in the garage now  :icon_redface:

But the old Tiger isn't going anywhere.

Perhaps we should start a pension thread,I started a proper pension in 85 not having a clue what I was doing  :icon_scratch:,just the best thing I ever did,just feel sorry for the guys I worked with who didn't.

KuzzinKenny

Hey JoeDirt !! i think just about any bike will wheelie if ya stick it in first, bang open the throttle and dump the clutch  :bad

i have the exact same....

Airbox MOD
19T front sprocket
TOR can
TOR map

i never pull away thinkin its gony lift but i only give her enough revs to go  :icon_rolleyes:

go back to the 18T and it will be easier to pull wheelies  :nod

just my thoughts

KK 
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

atokad

Quote from: Chris Canning on March 04, 2016, 09:21:54 AM
What's this the thread for the lunatic fringe!!! :icon_redface:

All the airbox mod does is help pep the motor up a touch so you can carry a 19t sprocket and give the bike longer legs,pick the front end up!! break the rear loose!!! and then a guy turns up who lives on top of a mountain who weighs more than both myself and my wife and all the luggage we need for two weeks on the road  :icon_eek:

For anyone else looking for more,here's my solution as of 2 weeks ago.

You Brits are such light weights!  That Beemer is gonna go all the way over and you're going to bump yer noggin!!  :wheel
I did balance the throttle bodies and adjust the throttle cable today and that made quite a difference.  Definitely had a little more romp to it than before, but I will stay with the 18T CS.