News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer wiring

Started by Adamz, April 30, 2016, 07:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamz

So im in the middle of rewiring my steamer... Why the f**k död the Steamer have 5 times asmany wires compared to most other bikes?!?
This posti mainly made in frustration  :icon_evil:

fishnbiker

More opportunities to make a mistake when cutting & splicing. What exactly are you working on?

Welcome to the group.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Sin_Tiger

They tried to cover as many export country regulation variations as possible.

They had a basic loom to cover several models and just changed sub looms to accommodate to keep part stock low.

They changed suppliers at least once during the production run.  :m
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ssevy

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 30, 2016, 11:05:42 AM
They tried to cover as many export country regulation variations as possible.

They had a basic loom to cover several models and just changed sub looms to accommodate to keep part stock low.

They changed suppliers at least once during the production run.  :m

And I always thought that the engineer who designed the airbox said "Hey boss, can I design the wire loom...I've always wanted to try one of those and it will have lots of pretty colors?"😊
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

nickjtc

Quote from: ssevy on April 30, 2016, 01:08:18 PM
And I always thought that the engineer who designed the airbox said "Hey boss, can I design the wire loom...I've always wanted to try one of those and it will have lots of pretty colors?"😊

Yes, indeed. LOTS of pretty colours.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"