News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carbone Lorraine brake pads

Started by ssevy, May 11, 2016, 03:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

Just an update.
I changed to Galfer wave rotors and Carbon Lorraine pads during my winter rebuild, and have done about 360 miles with them thus far.
So far, I am not impressed. I am going to run them in for a bunch more miles, but if they don't improve, I'm going to throw back on some HH's and call it a day.
I'm hoping with more use they will get a better bite.
Honestly, my Legend with the single disc up front has much better grab and feel than these dual discs right now.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

I've experienced similar where the sum of the parts and it's not always the most expensive bits, deliver a lot less than expectations. I wish I'd noted which combos I used but disgust didn't get in the way of me binning them in embarrassment  :icon_redface:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Funny that,  I was running EBC discs and pads for a long time and was never very happy with them, they always felt glazed and wooden.  I recently switched to a recognised make  (as opposed to something I'd never heard of) set of organic pads and I'm happy.  They stop just as well as the EBCs (which I've always used without drama on my Blackbird) but have way more feel now.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...