News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Starting upgrades and mods

Started by Thierry, May 21, 2016, 02:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thierry

I dropped the *Girly* at the dealer last week for the 20000k check-up. Valves (2 were a bit loose) and throttle bodies adjustment, flushed all the liquid including fork and engine oil and brake fluid (gas filter, liquid coolant, rad cap and thermostat were changed last year), 2 new tires and rear brake pads. What a difference it makes to have fresh tires and fork oil! Runs like a champ.  Mosfet R/R was also installed (did not bother making a new part to hold it and just put one screw, I may do it properly at the end of the season). Voltage is reading 13.5V at iddle and 13.9V at ~ 4000 rpm, not super high but the Sasquatch mod was not done. Not sure if I will do it for now since I'm not running Volt-sucking accessories.

Then it was time to do some mods. I replaced a broken mirror and installed the SW-Motech centerstand. Everything was easy and fine (put some blue loctite on the threads) until the spring step! OMG. I thought I was going to pop a vessel in my brain pulling on the big spring! Managed to do it using a big locking plier after several attempts with different tools. Now she's standing straight up!

Two days ago I received the Heed crashbars (~10 days delivery from Poland to Montreal) but I'm waiting to receive the tank stripes before installing the bars. Yeah I finally decided to put back the stripes, the tank looks too "empty".  Got them for 20$ from an ADVrider inmate that does custom-designed vinyl stickers with transfer tape. If they bubble, not a big loss.

After that: chain oiler, mustang foot pegs and find a solution (if there is one  :icon_scratch:) for the buffeting. I'm thinking to give a shot at the MRA vario but after reading so many threads it sounds like there is no "one solution that fits all". Not a priority for now, I'll keep my earplugs and keep looking at some used Tiger aftermarket screens (somebody selling one out there?).

And then...ride the hell out of it!

I'll post some pics and comments on Heed crashbars soon.

"Did it go as planned? No, but it was part of the plan!

T3mike

You have a link for the tank stripes ?
05 Tiger, 01 Bonnie, 11 VStrom

Thierry

Here you go:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/tiger-decal.1145118/#post-29400830

and the official advertising page http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/custom-vinyls-to-help-pay-for-college.1145228/

Her name is Raul and she owns a *Girly* and she's in California :icon_mrgreen:

Great service, she designed and shipped my stripes in less than 48h. 

T3mike

I am in contact. Turns out she is from the same city as me... small world.

Thanks...

Timbox2

I too reckon they look better with stripes, and in fact wonder why Triumph did away with the eye lashes on the cast wheel bikes, I like em.

This thing about buffeting, my current Tiger has the adjustable MRA screen and I reckon its ok, Ive cruised at 90 with my chin bar up and yes without ear plugs its noisy, but wouldn't say the buffeting is bad, but then it depends on the wind itself, Motorways especially have allsorts of eddies and currents caused by Trucks etc. My last Tiger came with an adjustable MRA but I ended up putting one of MRA's touring versions on, which looks like an OE screen but is a bit bigger and I preferred it. Ive still got one of Triumphs sport screens, which is just a coloured triangle that covers up the bolts on the fairing, and in very hot weather is quite nice but I found made cruising above 70 odd quite difficult, ok maybe if your doing lots of city riding.
2016 Tiger Sport

Slug Rider

I'm actually a guy with a girly  :ImaPoser The girl in the photo is my other girly  :rfl But thanks for sharing my post I really appreciate it! Let me know if anything goes wrong or if it goes right, would love to hear about it either way!

I prefer to be contacted through the ADV forum if need be, unless anyone here only has an account for this forum then feel free to message me through here or by email.

Thierry

Quote from: Slug Rider on May 23, 2016, 12:29:50 AM
I'm actually a guy with a girly  :ImaPoser The girl in the photo is my other girly  :rfl But thanks for sharing my post I really appreciate it! Let me know if anything goes wrong or if it goes right, would love to hear about it either way!

I prefer to be contacted through the ADV forum if need be, unless anyone here only has an account for this forum then feel free to message me through here or by email.

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding and your manhood !  The pic was kind of misleading, a good thing clarified :icon_mrgreen: I'll report once received (monday is off in Canuck country) and installed.

Slug Rider

No offense taken, I did realize it was a bit misleading and called for a good laugh with the girlfriend  :icon_mrgreen:

T3mike

I am sorry Slug Rider. I thought you were a girly as well.

Mike from Tracy

cavi

I am leaning more twords the palmer setup with a small windscreen for summer and larger for winter

Thierry

After reading pages & pages on windshield options and seeing so many "failures" depending on rider height and toe nail length I decided to try the cheap option: Laminar lip (84$). Will report once installed. 

Dev_1

:new_popcornsmiley  Staying tuned for updates

Thierry

Thanks to Slug Rider for helping my Tiger getting its wilderness back  :icon_mrgreen:
Received the sticker tank stripes with transfer tape. After cleaning the tank, I placed the first one (using picture as a template) and 10 min later all 6 of them were placed. Used a credit card to remove small bubbles. Really easy to intall with the transfer tape.

Not a perfect symetry between placement on the right and left side but who cares, you can't see both sides simultaneously  :icon_rolleyes:

Great design and product at a competitive price  :thumbsup

Slug Rider

Can't wait to see her with the crash  bars on her!

Thierry

Everyday something new  :icon_mrgreen: I received the Mustang footpegs and installed them right away. Clear powdercoating looks awesome !