News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Healdight relay

Started by Adamz, May 23, 2016, 07:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamz

So im doing some elctrical work on my 96 steamer during the rebuild into a scrambler type machine.

Ive bought a new single headlight and re-ran the electric in the same way as with the original two headlights.
Problem....

My low beam is on constantly unleds i kill the lighting on the right hand controls. Even whith the key turned and taken out.

Went to look at the wiring diagram, it says i have two headlight relays (one i surrounded by ------). I ony have one headlight relay irl that i can find. Cant for the life of me figure out where the other one would be and even if i found it, it's not connected to the original headlight wiring.

Tried just connecting the Old headlights and still the same. Loe beam is on constantly.

Am I an idiot?

JayDub

Have you tried a different relay?  mine did the same and when I opened it, it was corroded inside. both relays are usually behind the dash/cockpit... unless someone has been there before you - with wire cutters.

Adamz

Havent tried a different one but it looks fine inside.
My big confusion is that I ony have one relay but the wiring diagram says i should have two.
Anyone have any pictures of how your steamer  look withe the relay setup?
Cheers

Adamz

Went yolo on the Eiring and redrew all the cables from the relay. Now it works but I dont know what was wrong in the first place