News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brand New Genuine Triumph Chain + Sprocket kit For Mag Wheel 955 SOLD

Started by Chris Canning, June 19, 2016, 06:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

As above even includes new tab washer £100 Collected

Chris Canning

I will sell the sprockets separate if required I can use the chain myself.

Revilo

That looks good.  May I ask two questions: where about in Brum are you (I'm in Tamworth, M42 J10) and is that an x-ring or o-ring chain?  (I'm new to chains, most of my previous bikes were shafters.)

Thanks

Ollie

Chris Canning

Junction 7 M6 literally!!

The power of advertising e'h X ring is a trade name O ring is what all modern chains are.

JayDub

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 15, 2016, 07:15:42 PM
Junction 7 M6 literally!!

The power of advertising e'h X ring is a trade name O ring is what all modern chains are.
Is that right Chris? I read in one advert that the X ring was an X profile seal. although I can't see why that would work any differently - or better -  than the usual O ring, I'm not disputing your statement, but it shows how easily they can work on us  :tin hat
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Chris Canning

Bit like asking Are all tyres radial!! They've been like that for years you might able to dig the odd crossply out.

They O ring chain was invented years ago it was the introduction of the rubber o rings on the links to stop the shit wearing the chain out if you are of a certain age you'll remember!!! X ring is just the new poncey name for the same all modern chains are O ring.

Dyn Blin

Quite a deal, if only shipping to The Colonies wasn't so dear, and my next visit family in Devon wasn't until February.   :icon_cry:
This is why we can't have nice things.

Chris Canning

Your coming from California to the UK in February  :icon_eek:,still haven't got over be summoned to Carlsbad in January 2 years ago and couldn't get over that folk spend their lives living such!!! Very unfair  :icon_biggrin:

Dyn Blin

Everyone asks me that with a sideways look  :icon_scratch:, but that's when the apple trees demand pruning. The upside is it's dark earlier & easy to knock off to hit the pub  :occasion14.

The way things are looking, I might just be tempted to have Tim throw the shield into a box with your kit, and double down on the postage.
This is why we can't have nice things.

orange99

Hi - do you still have this for sale?

If so are you still willing to sell just the sprockets?
2011 Yamaha TDM900                                                   2018 Tiger Sport
2008 Yamaha XJR1300

Chris Canning

Yes I am because of the 3 chains I've had on mine the original was way better than either of the DID sorry I digress.

The only problem the rear isn't light so god knows what the postage would be.

orange99

I've just realised I'll be riding past Birmingham on Sunday 10th if you'll be in - probably the morning?

2011 Yamaha TDM900                                                   2018 Tiger Sport
2008 Yamaha XJR1300

Chris Canning

Every chance we'll be in and the good news we are just seconds off junction 7,pm me a couple days before oh yea how's 25 quid for the pair and if you want them might have a few spare 18t fronts for nowt if you want them.

orange99

Perfect - I'll be leaving Runcorn after breakfast so I reckon mid-morningish and £25 is ideal.

Cheers

Robin

2008 Yamaha XJR1300