News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recommend me sprockets and chain (955i 2005)

Started by Revilo, July 29, 2016, 07:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revilo

Recommend me sprockets and chain (Tiger 955i 2005) Please

I'm in the UK and have seen that wemoto do a couple of complete kits with JT sprockets, one comes with a DID 530 VX chain (£110) the other with a Swift chain (£98).  Both are x-ring chains.

Are these any good?  Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks

Timbox2

Sprockets dont really matter too much, unless you want a nice looking rear, Renthal or Supersprox, but JT are fine. For the Chain you want the best you can afford, I personally wouldnt fit anything other than a DID.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Untill you have seen a chain letting go can do you'll always think of cost after that it's DID VX.

JayDub

Uh oh - possible can of worms time  :icon_biggrin:
Everyone has a favourite everything, my personal choice is DID, but not the budget ones, I'm using a VX currently and I usually go for JT sprockets - no particular reason, but they're not expensive and they've always lasted well.

Bixxer Bob

DID again.  I've seen wht hppens to engine casings when a chain lets go.  There are some things you can't skimp on.  And I must get the effing A on my keyboard fixed.... :BangHead
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport