News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Germans on Tigers

Started by threepot, August 02, 2016, 08:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Met these earlier. They were parked up in a garage,sheltering from the rain probably? He was on a 1200,she on the 800. Introduced myself,and mentioned I had a tiger. The guy said his friend back home had a 'steamer'. They were travelling through Wales,staying in Aberystwyth tonight,then catching the ferry from Liverpool to Ireland to watch the Ulster GP,and a tour around.
Should have asked why they were not on GS's? I was showing him some pics of my bikes from my phone. He said 'Ya,Triumphs are good bikes'
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Lot of German bikers up here over the last few weeks, guess it's the national holiday season. Hope they got some of the very infrequent sunshine, I'd hate to think they went home as shrivelled prunes  :icon_frown:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Its good to know that some Germans have an eye for quality & style  :icon_wink:

Nick Calne

Quite often meet Germans riding round here too. Going to Stonehenge or Avebury etc. I think the UK must be a popular place for German bikers to visit in the same way we all pile over to France.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Timbox2

Seen quite a few Chermans me self this week. Doing the Bristol and back commute all this week on the Tiger, very glad of my stupidly expensive Rukka :icon_eek:

According to the Hinkley book I bought recently, Germany was the biggest market for the Original Steamer by far.
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

I heard that it was the German dealers who insisted on the colour matched engine casings.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 02, 2016, 11:13:50 PM
I heard that it was the German dealers who insisted on the colour matched engine casings.

Indeed, but Triumph couldnt get the paint to hold very well, hence going back to black, like Amy, God Bless her.
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Top tip. German ebay can often provide that steamer part you can't otherwise find.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Hopefully Brexit will not make them stop buying Triumphs.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Ossian

Talking of germans on Tigers, did 'patrick' ever feature on this forum ?

threepot

Quote from: nickjtc on August 03, 2016, 01:30:09 AM
Hopefully Brexit will not make them stop buying Triumphs.
The Germans need to worry more than we do regarding trade. Apparently,we buy €49billion more from them,than they buy from us! I hope our PM ..Teresa May reminded Angela Merkel of that on her recent visit there :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

I seem to remember hearing a snippet that the UK was the biggest customer for Audi, I found that a bit hard to believe.

As I write and sip my double expresso,  three Germans just ride past, two of them Tigers  :thumbsup

Mustang

London_Phil

Quote from: Timbox2 on August 02, 2016, 10:30:37 PM
Seen quite a few Chermans me self this week. Doing the Bristol and back commute all this week on the Tiger, very glad of my stupidly expensive Rukka :icon_eek:

According to the Hinkley book I bought recently, Germany was the biggest market for the Original Steamer by far.

Search  "T400 Tiger" on ebay.de, and you can see they have more spares than we do..

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: London_Phil on August 17, 2016, 08:52:49 PM
Search  "T400 Tiger" on ebay.de, and you can see they have more spares than we do..

Maybe that's what they're up to over here, filling their top boxes full of parts "bitter, so you know ze vay to Nick Calne's"