News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Levers

Started by Chris Canning, August 05, 2016, 05:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

After 15 years of being perfectly happy with the stock option changing levers to broad blade levers on other bikes I've become spoiled so what are you using?

Timbox2

Im listening too as Ive been wanting to do this on mine.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Never given other levers a thought, but,  (and I know you two are not daft enough to try)  I've heard some horror stories onTV's  Fake Britain about cheap Chinese ones breaking....

It's one of those areas where you get what you apy for and cut corners at your peril.

Mind,  I was watching a friend racing a 125 at Pembrey when his front brake lever fell off on the back straight. He didn't notice till he went for it at the right hander then had a WTF moment before disappearing miles into the scenery.  We all wondered what he was doing till he came backwith his eyes still on stalks....  :bug_eye
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

I bought a secondhand pair of Pazzo levers for my k1200 and to be honest I was spitting tacks that I'd put up with the stock ones for so many years they were so much better with the the feel,the only option I've seen so far are ones sold by a guy on ebay in Worcester and if they are Chinese they ain't cheap.

Bigjimknickers

Did anyone ever find any decent adjustable cnc levers for the 955I Tiger? I could do with some as my fingers are short & I found myself stretching for the clutch the other day.
Most sellers state they do them forthe 955i Tiger TIL you reach the drop down menu

Harry

Not sure what you class as decent, but I bought a pair of these off Amazon in June

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074J743ZZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am very happy with them. Done over 1000 miles since fitment. Figment is snug between the OEM handguard and the adjuster ... they are very lightly touching one another, so adjusting whilst riding would be a bit awkward. There is some natural play in the OEM hanguards in that you can easily push them away from the grips without stressing or forcing anything. If you do this you can easily adjust the setting.

I actually haven't adjusted the adjuster since fitting the new levers. I have them set at their furthest position. The different shape of the levers means that they have a closer reach than the OEMs anyway.

Harry.

Bigjimknickers

Cheers Harry are they for a 955i 2004 Tiger?

Harry

It's a 955i on a 2007 plate. Not an expert on the more subtle differences between the 04 and 07 versions. I could take a picture of the set up so you can see if it matches yours if no-one can tell us if the two set ups are the same. I'm sure someone out there will know.
Harry.

Timbox2

All 955 Levers are the same fitment
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

The pair that I mentioned came for mine clutch is great,brake lever is crap on max ajustment and the lever is well on the way to the bar.