News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pictures of your airbox and extra's...

Started by ghulst, August 18, 2016, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Ok, so I lost some things when I was working on the Tiger. One of those things -I thought- was the cap on the left hand side of the expansion chamber behind the airbox. However, when I look at the parts picture, that shows me a completely different 'end' to that expansion chamber than a cap:

Can someone show me that snorkel etc on their bike? Thanks!
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

GavD

11 & 12 (crappy foam prefilter) slide into 8, and 13 which is essentially a bent tube, clips onto the top of 8.
RHS has the cap.

Unfortunately that side of my steam is up against the garage wall at the moment, with too much in the way to get at it. I might be taking it out for a ride sunday so hopefully will be able to take a pic then.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

ghulst

Thanks GavD!

I guess I have to take some pics of mine and take that part apart again to see what parts I have and don't have. :)

JayDub

The cap is #14, but in the diagram it looks more like an O ring.
It should look like the lens cap from a pair of binoculars.

Nick Calne

Reckon a bit of duct tape might do the same job?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

Thanks! Interesting. So, that seems to be missing on my bike...

Does anyone have that lying around?

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 18, 2016, 10:59:41 PM
Oh, dirty under there  :icon_redface:
:*&* You're getting like Timbox2 now.

@ghulst, is it the snorkel, the filter or the cap you're missing?

ghulst

Quote from: JayDub on August 19, 2016, 12:31:03 PM
@ghulst, is it the snorkel, the filter or the cap you're missing?
Everything from the big box onwards...

ghulst

Ah, a bit of digging has helped. But there is no cap on that, right?

JayDub

Thats right, thats the 'snorkel' - the other auxiliary airbox on the R/H side has just the blanking cap instead.

Triumphs R&D team must have had fun.

threepot

That filter looking part is a sound baffle? Mine hasn't got one. I tried the cap off once,and it didn't seem to make any difference? Plenty of 'used' bits on eBay? I might have a snorkel ..no cap,if your really stuck,but try without?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Mine came without a cap but didn't like it, it ran a bit 'lumpy', if yours is the same then Nicks gaffer tape solution will be fine until you find a replacement.

ghulst

Well, I have the cap on the right, just thought it needed one on the left as well, but it doesn't, so I am fine. And done. ;)

fishnbiker

Funny, mine doesn't have much of those pieces at all ...

Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE