News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer/Trophy 1200 engine swap. Is it possible?

Started by tech141, September 03, 2016, 05:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

A supercharger gives you the same puzzle as you summed up before. In fact, a bigger one as putting a supercharger on the engine is a big puzzle to start with. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

rf9rider

Talking to Clive, he told me that basically you need the cams from the Super 111, carbs tuned and a 3 into 1 exhaust, and the pistons from the 750, and you have a race bike like the ones Triumph used to race.

fishnbiker

Quote from: Nick Calne on September 08, 2016, 01:13:28 PM
If going faster is the objective then better brakes might not be a bad plan either... Which probably requires a better suspension set up and ideally the use of a 17inch front wheel with a road specific tyre. It's a really interesting engineering puzzle and I suspect the very hardest part would be retaining the balance of the bike.

How about a supercharger instead?  :icon_salut:

Ooh, I see a big project starting to snowball ...
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

tech141

Ha Ha, you guys are fun.   I am starting to lean away from the engine swap.  My job ended last month and I am searching for gainful employment now.  I can sell the Trophy for a 25% profit as it sits.  The proceeds could pay my bills for approx 4 months.  So, I think I'll clean it up and tweak it a bit in anticipation of needing to part with it.  Of COURSE I'll have to ride it to keep everything lubed.....

I do appreciate all of the input.  Very thought provoking.  I'm going to look into the "Tuning" of my Tigger power plant.  Won't do anything until I find a job, but I will enjoy the research and preps.

I hope everyone is having a Glorious Day!

Mike
It's SUPPOSED to be dirty - It's a Tiger.

threepot

Hi Mike. A 1200 conversion is being done on the Triumph Tiger T400 page on Facebook. Check it out :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

tech141

Threepot,

I don't 'do' facebook, but that is one dang sexy picture.
It's SUPPOSED to be dirty - It's a Tiger.