News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wider Off Road Pegs for Steamer?

Started by KamikazeKunze, December 12, 2016, 10:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KamikazeKunze

Hello All,

After much contemplation I decided to NOT cut up my Steamer and turn it into a scrambler.

Currently (Phase One) I am having the rear shock replaced and the forks rebuilt with stiffer springs and thicker oil, as well as the carbs being fully rebuilt and re-jetted. Crash-bars are being bolted on as well.

Phase Two is is beefier bars, risers and bark busters, along with me wanting wider non ribber pegs. I have been all over the inter-webs and I can't find anything specifically for my Steamer.

Can any of you point me in the right direction? I know I've come to my Steamer a few decades late, but I'd love to add some useful farkles to her!

Thanks for the help!

ssevy

Mustang makes some great ones that are nice and large. Love mine!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

KamikazeKunze

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: KamikazeKunze on December 12, 2016, 10:25:52 PM
Hello All,

After much contemplation I decided to NOT cut up my Steamer and turn it into a scrambler.

Currently (Phase One) I am having the rear shock replaced and the forks rebuilt with stiffer springs and thicker oil, as well as the carbs being fully rebuilt and re-jetted. Crash-bars are being bolted on as well.

Phase Two is is beefier bars, risers and bark busters, along with me wanting wider non ribber pegs. I have been all over the inter-webs and I can't find anything specifically for my Steamer.

Can any of you point me in the right direction? I know I've come to my Steamer a few decades late, but I'd love to add some useful farkles to her!

Thanks for the help!
[/quote/]

Bark busters?

KamikazeKunze

bemusedinsojo

KamikazeKunze

Thanks to Mustang!!!!!

AWESOME PEGS!!!!!!

fishnbiker

Nice pegs? I have a pair too, 6~7 years old?

Just remember they don't really look good until they are scratched & patina'd. My favourite colour is burnished mud
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Timbox2

who turned em black, the Mustang or you??
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

powder coated actually ...................
anodizing doesn't hold up very good for high wear areas or UV sunlight  :*

Nick Calne

UV? In Scotland?

They look miles more in keeping with the bike in black. Much better.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on January 08, 2017, 07:16:38 PM
UV? In Scotland?

:icon_razz:  :icon_lol:

That's a nice finish and hasn't lost a lot in the sharpness of definition , which is easy to do with powder coating  :notworthy
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?