News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone have a line on a low mileage engine?

Started by El Pescador, December 22, 2016, 12:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

I'm an idiot...

When I checked the valve clearance, I somehow missed a washer on the valve cover when I reinstalled it.  I then took a long ride on a dirt road, and by the time I noticed an oil leak, the engine had pulled in plenty of road dust.  Sooooo...

In order to keep from just parting it out, I'm looking for an engine.  Please let me know if you know anyone with one for sale.  Thanks.

Mustang

neeed more info

is it a steamer or Girly ?

ebay and take your chances ...............

El Pescador

Quote from: Mustang on December 22, 2016, 01:17:02 PM
neeed more info

is it a steamer or Girly ?

ebay and take your chances ...............

Oh yeah, that would help.  It's a 1997 Tiger...a Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

My fault, didn't think about it when I moved the thread. Pity you're a bit far or I might have been of some help, good luck  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: El Pescador on December 22, 2016, 03:11:08 PM
Oh yeah, that would help.  It's a 1997 Tiger...a Steamer.
any t309 t409 engine (almost anything with carbs)will drop right in
some (most) shift backwards from the tiger
even a thunderbird or legend engine will fit

Mustang

:cp
Quote from: Sin_Tiger on December 22, 2016, 07:53:08 PM
My fault, didn't think about it when I moved the thread. Pity you're a bit far or I might have been of some help, good luck  :thumbsup

El Pescador

What about this motor?  Will it fit?  As always, your help is greatly appreciated. 

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint