News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Best Bike Lift for a Steamer

Started by Danwarb, February 07, 2017, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Blimey that must be the Albert Pierrepoint Bike lift :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

F me that's funny I bet there's a few who have to google him  :icon_lol:

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 20, 2017, 05:03:39 PM
F me that's funny I bet there's a few who have to google him  :icon_lol:

I had a bit of a fascination with his art
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

:ImaPoser

I was thinking of a certain famous French contraption (invented by a Yorkshireman I believe) before I turned the page.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: Timbox2 on February 20, 2017, 03:34:35 PM
Blimey that must be the Albert Pierrepoint Bike lift :icon_lol:
Well, that search lead me on a 30 minute tour of wikipedia ending up at Wulf Schmidt.

Shame he didn't get to do his series in the paper, I am sure that would have very interesting.

Beernard

:>< Nice work, Luke! I'm with you. WHen in doubt, swing it from the roof! Won't fall down, won't hurt you.
Ripper, woke up again.

fishnbiker

Quote from: Danwarb on February 07, 2017, 10:47:03 PM
Hi guys,

My Tiger only has a side stand and I'd really like to lift the bike properly for servicing and repairs.

I'm not going to use a lift that much but may do for chain maintenance so I'd like a half reliable one.

Can any of you suggest one for around £40 to £70?

This one any good or is there something I need to check for it to work well with a Steamer?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FoxHunter-1500LB-Motorbike-Bike-ATV-Quad-Motorcycle-Jack-Lift-Workshop-Red-/380347307746?hash=item588e7756e2:g:LoMAAOSwT5tWQIG1
Cheers,
Dan

Looking at that offering, there is a smaller one shown above for UKP 39. A better bet as the one you sourced needs more careful placing. It tends to pull sideways as it lifts, making positioning more awkward. Packs up better too. The small one can also be made to move the bike on smooth surfaces if you rig up a small moving dolly out of castor wheels & a sheet of heavy plywood/lumber & set the lift on top.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE