News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Classic Dirt Bike Show - Telford - Feb 18th & 19th

Started by mat-tiger1, February 12, 2017, 01:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Anyone on here popping along next weekend?  :m
I aim to be there doing a bit of 'shopping' on Saturday afternoon if anyone fancies a coffee?  :thumbsup

http://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/product/show/id/18
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Chris Canning

Bought tickets weeks ago cuz first thing saturday is a bun fight  :icon_biggrin: but a great day.

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 12, 2017, 01:43:17 PM
Bought tickets weeks ago cuz first thing saturday is a bun fight  :icon_biggrin: but a great day.

Ahh, may see you then, was undecided on Sat or Sun, but looks like Sat then, never been to this one before so your giving it the thumbs up Chris?

Bought a ticket, so even if I wimp out and go in the Car I'll be there
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

In an ideal world you need to be over a certain age and been an off-roader its a grand social event for us where I meet guys who 40 years ago were certifiable and still are.

My VFR riding mate is a bit of a celeb at this do and I have learned to have nothing to do with him till coffee and cake time because he can't walk 5 yards without bumping into someone who wants to talk for half an hour and coming from me  :icon_redface:

There is some road racing stuff but it does help if you know your Honda Red Rocket from you 465 Yamaha  :icon_lol:

Timbox2

No point hiding the fact I know f... all about off-road stuff, funnily enough it was the pseudo off-road style bikes that I was often drawn to as a kid, Gilera , Suzi TS100, Yam DT175, but Richmond park was about as off-road as they got, and 40 years later not much has changed, apart from the fact I could pick the early bikes up :icon_lol:

More of an excuse to give the Tigger a run, weather permitting
2016 Tiger Sport

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 12, 2017, 07:20:33 PM

There is some road racing stuff but it does help if you know your Honda Red Rocket from you 465 Yamaha  :icon_lol:

Used to love my old YZ250 but you couldn't beat the thrill of riding (hanging onto) the Maico 440!  :icon_mrgreen:  :wheel

Wish I still had them now!  :icon_sad:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Timbox2

Weather is looking, ok, so Tigger gets a blast to Telford, see you tomorrow
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

John Stenhouse

Saw an XR in Banbury today and thought of you Chris. Have you modded the headlight, like most stuff these days just one lamp on dip
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 17, 2017, 07:13:53 PM
Even I got out today real Lithium weather  :icon_lol:

I keep mine indoors now as an emergency jump-starter :icon_biggrin:
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Timbox2 on February 17, 2017, 08:58:01 PM
I keep mine indoors now as an emergency jump-starter :icon_biggrin:

Recommend you don't use it for jump starting or jump start one with a traditional battery. The cell internal resistances are different and it's really easy to screw up your expensive LIFPO  :grnb
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 17, 2017, 10:53:37 PM
Recommend you don't use it for jump starting or jump start one with a traditional battery. The cell internal resistances are different and it's really easy to screw up your expensive LIFPO  :grnb

That was more of a joke really, its currently (see what I did there), acting as a book end :icon_biggrin:
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

:icon_eek: useful info though, I reckon a lot of us didn't know that  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Well, Chris was certainly right, thought there was weird stuff at Stafford. Interesting though, Ive taken loads of pics but will have to go through them before I select the best.

Colder than I thought on the way up via Motorway, went back the pretty route via Bridgnorth, Ludlow, Leominster etc, much nicer if a bit longer, bike running like an English Watch, not Swiss you understand, its a Triumph afterall :icon_lol:

One funny hic-cup, I'll post about in Girly section.
2016 Tiger Sport