News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone tried to repack/repair Steamer baffles?

Started by London_Phil, February 27, 2017, 07:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

As per title.
I have a pair of original Steamer exhausts, that are in good condition externally, but I think the baffles have rusted out.
I'd like to put them back on the Steamer, so I can flog the Venoms that are currently fitted.
Anyone had a Steamer exhaust apart?

Sin_Tiger

I've looked at this too. I've taken the stainless end caps off by drilling out the rivets, simple enough. Never got further than that but I believe you should be able to grind off the weld on the inner cap to be able to remove it with the baffle pipe attached, exposing the remaining wadding. Should be straight forward enough to weld it back again after repairs. As I say, that's the theory, never actually done it.

If you can hang on until next weekend I'll have a go with an old one and let you know how it goes.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil