News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Fairing Re-Spray. Where to start?

Started by Danwarb, March 05, 2017, 01:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danwarb

Hi guys,

Every day I love my steamer more and I'm looking at treating her to having the body work re-sprayed in black again.

Can you guys let me know:

1) What preparation work should I do (keeping in mind some paint has chipped right off?
2) Are the old decals hard to remove and replace?
3) Do you know of some one who can do the re-spray for me and if so how much would it be roughly?

Cheers,

Dan

:ear
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

If it's only some of them, it could work out cheaper to buy s/hand panels, there are some on ebay, you just need to confirm with the seller the condition as the pics are never trustworthy.

brianthelion

I was looking into the same, doing a full respray of all panels and the tank... from Blue to a Satin Black.

Speaking to Ace of Sprays here in Bristol I was quickly quoted around 550 pounds for the whole job,  including adding fillers and the prep work.

I was considering doing the task myself by rattle cans,  but finish really is everything so its a job for a professional.

Danwarb

Thanks guys.

Yeah I was looking at having all the fairing sections and tank re-done. I've already got a second set of all panelling so it's the worst lot I'd want re-spraying.

Interesting to hear it would £550 Brian, does this include them reapplying decals?

Isn't there a finish with lacquer as well?
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.