News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bad Vibrations

Started by brianthelion, March 05, 2017, 03:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianthelion

Hello there guys!

So I have done some work on the ol' steamer.  I have replaced the camchain and tensioner and i had to replace the crankshaft due to it getting mashed up :(

so anyway its all back together and its up and running, however there's a horrid vibration as the engine runs.  I suspect there's something not right about the new crankshaft. 

Am I missing a trick somewhere? I have checked the balancer and the dots are aligned when on the T1 position. 

Could it be a main bearing?

:icon_confused:

Please help,  I'm stumped,  any advice would be great

Brian

Sin_Tiger

It's not going to be a main bearing as that would give you a continous noise. Are you sure you have good coils and they are correctly connected?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

brianthelion

Hey  Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I thought it was maybe the wrong firing sequence, so have checked that the coils are properly wired up,  Red and Green wires to cylinder 1 .  Red and Yellow/Blue for 2 .  Red and Yellow/Brown for 3. 

So, wired up fine, I will now check that both sides of the coils themselves are not shagged. 

I do suspect that they are fine though.  Will report back. 

Thank you

brianthelion

Yep,  all coils are fine.

I suspect the replacement crankshaft...  is there any way it could be unbalanced or something?  It is from a Trophy which should be the exact same. 

hmmmmm  :icon_scratch: