News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Two sets of wheels

Started by Patrick, June 21, 2005, 11:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

1) Knobbies (Metzeer Karoo with OEM hubs, spokes and rims)

2) Street (Metzeler Tourance with black rims, stainless steel spokes, black painted hubs)

Have fun!

Patrick

BykBoy

As my 5 year old son says:

"THATS WHAT I WANT!"

Are you using EBC rotors on the "street" front? Are they better then stock?

How often to you switch out the wheels?
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Patrick

Yes, EBC rotors.

They are cheaper, look better and brake better than those OEM rotors.

My dealer was out of stock for the rear ones so I had to go OEM there.

Whenever I go playing in sand or mud, I change to knobbies. After having fun when I have time to clean the bike, I go street again. How often? Perhaps every other week, give or take a week or two.  :D

Have fun!

Patrick

bwvtom

Great Patrick!  

Can you supply details of the wheel build up (brands sizes etc); did you raise the front mud guard?  

Why did you use the different parts rather than just using two more standard rims?

Do you have a cost estimate of the wheels only?

IÌve been contemplating this approach for a while, and have thought of going to a 21 inch front to give better off road handling and for a better range of tyre choice.

I intend changing over to two separate s/s brake lines and raising the front guard a little.

Are your brake callipers standard?

And mounted in the standard position?

Cheers B-Burl

Adelaide South OZ
B-burl

Patrick

In Germany, it takes lots of bureaucracy to legally change the dimensions of a moorcycle's wheel (i.e. turn a 19' front wheel into a 21' or 17'). And it ist sheer impossible to have two sets of wheels with different dimensions and swap them legally for a weekend ride. So I went for original dimensions (2.5 x 19 front and 4.25 x 17 rear).

The rims come from Norad and are painted black. So are the hubs. The spokes are made of stainless steel, don't know their brand. Front rotors come from EBC, rear rotor is Triumph (would have been EBC if those would have been deliverable at that moment).

What have I paid? First, promise you will never tell my wife!

-both Hubs 100 EUR

-both rims 700 EUR

-painting and spoking(?) 300 EUR

-EBC front rotors 280 EUR

-Triumph rear rotor 160 EUR

-17 Triumph rotor bolds 110 EUR (6.50 each!!! Are they made of gold or what???)

All prices incude tax an shipping.

I never drew the sum. I won't start now, because my eyes would be watering. Please do this on your own.

Yet no changes have been made regarding mud guard or brake lines.

Have fun!

Patrick

bwvtom

Thanks Patrick.

So it wasnÌt one of the cheaper accessories.

IÌm torn between doing some thing like that or putting the cash towards something like a DRZ400 Suzuki for some more serious off road fun, though I would keep the Tiger of course.

Cheers and thanks for your reply.

B-Burl.

:)
B-burl

noivson

Couldn't help myself... :)

Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'