News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Springs

Started by newmanr19, June 22, 2005, 01:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newmanr19

About the only thing that really bugs me about riding the 98 is the suspension. It's a bit soft for my tastes; particularly the front end. Does anyone know of any options for putting in stiffer springs?  I see that Jack Lilley sells some Ohlins, but are they any higher rated then stock?

BykBoy

Don't know about the Ohlins, but I'm sure they are better then stock.

Check out cartrige emulators from RaceTech.

I also heared of people increasing the pre-load by adding a 20 MM spacer on top of the spring.

Did you try using heavier oil?

I have Wirth fork springs from Touratech and I'm pritty happy with them. But i'm not sure if they fit the steemer.
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

mcilvenny

I also have steamer and would like to improve the front end, I've heard good reports about "White Power" springs and slightly heavier oil, but have yet to carry out any mods. Please post details of what you do and results, I would be most interested.

Has anyone else sorted the front end of there Steamer ???
EeeZeee Tiger

\"96\" Steamer

newmanr19

I just found a source and ordered a set of Hagon progessive springs; will take a few weeks to get them but I will report back. I've used similar progressive rate springs on other bikes and generally they do quite a decent job.