News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Adaptive tune question ??

Started by Tiger-G, April 25, 2017, 11:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Hi  :icon_salut:

I've been reading up on the "adaptive tune" for the Tiger 955i, where you let the bike idle for 30secs, but certain criteria have to be met, i.e. - Bike in neutral, Engine temp 80-96 deg C, clutch engaged, etc.

It says the airbox temp has to be above 21 degrees C.  Does it give the airbox temp on Tune ECU, 'cause I didn't see it when I had it connected the other day ??

Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Bixxer Bob

SAdly I can't remember and no longer have a Girly to try it on....

I think it does though as all the sensors are listed
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Its on the left of the screen below Long Term fuel trim
2016 Tiger Sport

Tiger-G

Thanks for that Tim. Thought it might be that temp reading, but it just says "temperature".
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Timbox2

Quote from: Tiger-G on April 27, 2017, 11:12:02 AM
Thanks for that Tim. Thought it might be that temp reading, but it just says "temperature".

Yeah, I wasn't sure myself originally, but the coolant temperature is the gauge on the main screen so it must be.
2016 Tiger Sport

blacktiger

The adaptive tune is when you run at idle for 12 minutes, not 30 seconds. You should time it from when the cooling fan kicks in. BUT, you can reset the adaptions in Tuneecu.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Steady there guys, its important to understand the two and the correct terminology.  The "12 minute tune" is for bikes without sn O2 sensor. The "Adaptation" is for bikes with an O2 sensor. Both are in the "how to" section.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...