News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Calories per Hour

Started by Nick Calne, May 30, 2017, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Did you know riding burns 300 calories per hour, and up to 600 if you are racing?

Taking this new found learning on board I rode 3 hours today and am now going to have fish and chips for supper without any perceived detriment to my diet.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Misterplant

How many calories do I burn getting the tiger on the centre stand then? :icon_rolleyes:

Nick Calne

Depends on your bike, use this table to determine...

Tiger 800 = 5 cals
Tiger Explorer = 10 cals
Roadie, or tiger sport = 20 cals
Girly = 25 cals
Steamer = 807cals

JayDub

In that case I'm obviously not riding enough, or fast enough.
And I should consider removing the side stand.  :icon_redface:

Sin_Tiger

I suspect lifting a Steamer off an old bent side stand would equate to a seven course banquet then  :icon_rolleyes:

And the OAP's that help you to pick one up off the car park gravel have to go for a full English Breakfast afterwards  :*&*
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Haha

Very funny.

(They go for a three course meal afterwards)