News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stuff from 885i to 955i

Started by barjan, June 26, 2005, 02:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barjan

Since my 885i got wrecked I'm looking for a 995i (unless I'm going to try to repair the important damage if the ensurance doesn't pay. It is the other drivers fault (says I and that other driver), but I still have to see what his ensurance company does).

I was wondering if some of the below can be transferred from a 885i to a 995i

Triumph sports-can

center stand

supports for the panniers (and those themselves ofcourse)

Datatool alarm

relays for the twin headlight

:roll:

Foxy

Centre stand, pannier rails and headlight relays are straight swaps. Not too sure about the pipe. I really wouldn't bother swapping alarms from one bike to the next - they are a sod to cut out in one piece so that it'll be in a useable state. I'm not too worried about having an alarm on a bike anyway - although my bike has one as it came with one.

barjan

Quote from: "Foxy"I really wouldn't bother swapping alarms from one bike to the next - they are a sod to cut out in one piece so that it'll be in a useable state. I'm not too worried about having an alarm on a bike anyway - although my bike has one as it came with one.

I was afraid so. However, here it is required by some insurance companies because of the price of the bike or it can give a certain cost reduction with some insurances. I was just wondering if it could be a relatively easy swap, but was allready afraid that it wasn't. I'll have to check out the different insurance conditions.

About the sports-can. For the 885i it came with an extra piece of pipe to bypass the collector. On the 955i I don't see the collector, so is only the last (and only) muffler replaced?