News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Photobucket have got anal and my Images have gone

Started by Timbox2, June 30, 2017, 09:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Seems photobucket have now outlawed 3rd Party hosting as they call it,and blocked all my previous uploaded images,and replaced them with an Ad which surely aint right,  unless I pay $400 per year, sorry but thats a p... take. Apologies to all forum members and mods but I aint paying that.
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

If you do facebook you can host from there for nothing.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

SteveFord

I've been reading about Photobucket losing their marbles.
Let's see:

Seems to work the same as always for me.
Maybe it's because I don't post everything from Photobucket on other sites, some pictures just sit on Photobucket?

Timbox2

You may get away with it for a while Steve, but I think PB will catch up with everyone eventually, the 1050 site I go on are in the process of setting up their own hosting solution because of this, they believe many hosting firms will be following suit soon.
2016 Tiger Sport

London_Phil

Works fine on pc and laptop, but when I try to look at the image on my Android phone, Photobucket starts bombarding me with ads, and is impossible to use.
I don't have a PB account, so maybe its different if you do

SteveFord

If it comes to that I've heard good things about imgur.com so I'll use them, instead.

Timbox2

In a final two fingers to photobucket Ive just deleted my account, bit of a PITA but Ive actually got backups of every photo Ive ever uploaded, so YAH BOO SUCKS!!!
2016 Tiger Sport

SteveFord

They hit me up with the upgrade email.  Screw them, time to switch sites.

blacktiger

I might be moving too. But as yet, I pay them $30/year, mine is still working. If they want any more $$$ I'll be closing it down too.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Ossian

I thought I'd try Dropbox as an alternative, but that only works if everybody else has an account as well. Otherwise they will store the pictures but only allow you to post a link to them.

Sidk

I really thing that photobucket dropped the ball on this one,
their move has angered a lot of their user base.

I deleted my account after 13 or so years, like many others i saw it as a form of black mail which was implemented with very poor communication.