News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Personal victory

Started by DavidR8, July 29, 2017, 04:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

I've dropped my '06 Tiger four times in four years. Three times in the first six months and the fourth about an hour ago.
Rolled into an area of loose bark chips and dirt. Is a spot where I regularly park.
Today I hit it just so and the front wheel washed out and down we went onto the right side.

I almost laughed as a millisecond before I thought "that looks more loose than usual"

I pulled off the topside bag and the top box. Crouched down, grabbed the loop for the passenger peg with my left hand and the handlebar with my right.

I basically stood up while holding it. Came up way easier than I expected.

Darn proud of myself, kind of feel like I overcame a rite of passage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Timbox2

Thank god for that, thought you'd gone and bought one of them Harley type things :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

DavidR8

Quote from: Timbox2 on July 29, 2017, 09:08:33 AM
Thank god for that, thought you'd gone and bought one of them Harley type things :icon_lol:
Hah!
Nope, not for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Sin_Tiger

Glad to read that, I was expecting a long Chiropractic story to follow  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Me too,  I was expecting "Took the strain and popped a testicle...."
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bigfeesh

I mine had a sleep in the workshop  :icon_redface:, smashed the laverda, £500 to fix, £50 damage to its self and took 3 hours to lift the beast back up to the vertical,  :icon_scratch: it was wedged again the toolbox wi no room at all to get in, wooden blocks and levers did it, what a pig!  :iagree
Tiptop

Bixxer Bob

Mine pinned me to the garage wall once.  I was stuck there for ages..... :rfl
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...