News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I need a much taller seat for my 955i

Started by Ossian, September 02, 2017, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ossian

In an attempt to find something, can I ask here whether anybody has a 955i front seat in totally s***e condition that they'd sell cheap. I am finding that the standard seat is just too low for me and I don't want to buy a perfectly decent standard seat on the bay at inflated price only to cut it to pieces to remodel it for my size. I want to build a seat that is about 2-3 inches higher and about 5-6 inches further back. Then my knees will have a much easier time.
The seat on my bike is in perfect nick so I'd rather not start chopping it about in case I got it wrong.
Thanks folks.

Bigyam

Hi, I may be stating the obvious but the 955i seat is adjustable height wise ! you must have very long legs to need even more height !

John Stenhouse

Buy a set of Mustang Pegs, makes the ride worlds better being lower by an inch
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Ossian

I have already got the seat at max height. My pegs aren't Mustangs but the quite decent chinese adjustables at 40mm extension. And the seat peg relationship is still too cramped for me, not quite as unbearable as the standard set-up,but still nowhere near ideal.

Timbox2

Quote from: Ossian on September 03, 2017, 12:32:16 PM
I have already got the seat at max height. My pegs aren't Mustangs but the quite decent chinese adjustables at 40mm extension. And the seat peg relationship is still too cramped for me, not quite as unbearable as the standard set-up,but still nowhere near ideal.

Jeez, are you Bigfoot?
2016 Tiger Sport

Ossian

Quote from: Timbox2 on September 03, 2017, 06:23:46 PM
Jeez, are you Bigfoot?
Almost LOL. I'm not on the small side. As a runabout I have a Honda CB500 which is a modest size of bike, but I couldn't ride it at all with the standard seat and pegs. So I was able to get a crappy seat for that and rebuild it for me. Now I sit 3" higher and 6" back and all is harmony ( dropped footpegs as well, of course).
Bikes are great as there are no headroom problems. I love sports cars, but the list of cars which I can't fit into because of headroom or shoulder width issues includes Mazda MX5, Toyota MR2, Porsche Boxter, E type Jaguar, Reliant Scimitar SS1, all TVRs, and the list goes on. Tesco doesn't sell shirts big enough and Sir can only buy a jacket if we order it specially made. My biking jacket is 7XL which luckily is not too hard to find on line.
So you see the problem now, I hope?

John Stenhouse

Ye Gods, your huuuuge! Sorry don't mean to be rude. I did have a spare, but sold it ages ago. It was of the gel variety. We can have a look at Stafford in a month or so if you still haven't got one by then.

John Stenhouse

By the way the early 885i seat fits just the same, so you can look for all the Girly seats 99-06

John Stenhouse

Ossian

Thanks for that, I'd forgotten that the 885 seat is the same.

Ossian

I got it for a best offer. Bit of a shame to chop it up though as it is in good condition with no tears.