News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anybody able to get over 250mi on a tank?

Started by KnfMkAR, November 21, 2017, 07:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnfMkAR

Just wondering the range everyone is getting on a full tank of fuel (US).  Is 250 miles within reach?

Timbox2

Quote from: KnfMkAR on November 21, 2017, 07:22:29 AM
Just wondering the range everyone is getting on a full tank of fuel (US).  Is 250 miles within reach?

If you drive/ride like a Prius owner probably. Most I ever went to was 220, and there was a bit left.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

John Stenhouse

Yup, as Chris and Tim say you have to ride like a nun, but I managed Dawson City to Eagle Plains on the Dempster, which is supposed to be 280miles. Took a can along with two gallons in just in case but didn't use it.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

trophydave

I managed 230 miles once.The fuel gauge was sat at the bottom and the last 30 miles or so were done at Driving Miss Daisy pace.

Tiger-G

Hi,

I average about 41MPG (UK) over the year on my 2006 '955. Sometimes I'm down to 36MPG, and if I ride like a big girls' blouse, I can get it up to 47MPG. It's very rare that I risk waiting until 230 miles are showing on the trip, just in case I can't make it to a fuel station.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

VABird

OK, I'll admit. I was riding very conservatively just to see. 3,000 RPM mostly, and hit 3,500 a few times on the tank of gas.
310 miles until the red light came on (57.4 MPG), so YES you can, and it obviously depends on your riding technique.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

mark4

Riding 3000 miles at a very relaxed pace on mainly motorways (65-70mph with bursts to overtake) and again relaxed pace on country roads with gentle-ish acceleration I got 50-57mpg so theoretically 250-275 miles per tank without going to empty.

That said I was an Englishman abroad and didn't like the idea of running out of petrol so never went more than 200 miles without filling up..

One day maybe I'll do the run to empty with a fuel can or two aboard.

Timbox2

Quote from: mark4 on February 14, 2018, 04:33:27 PM
Riding 3000 miles at a very relaxed pace on mainly motorways (65-70mph with bursts to overtake) and again relaxed pace on country roads with gentle-ish acceleration I got 50-57mpg so theoretically 250-275 miles per tank without going to empty.

That said I was an Englishman abroad and didn't like the idea of running out of petrol so never went more than 200 miles without filling up..

One day maybe I'll do the run to empty with a fuel can or two aboard.

Before you do I would change the fuel filter and get as much of the watery crap out of the bottom of the tank that you can
2016 Tiger Sport