News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Key wont turn - ignition barrel

Started by bunker, April 19, 2018, 03:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

As it says really  :^_^

Was getting ready to fire the old girl up last night to see how these newly rebuilt carbs would run, but the key is in and won't turn.

TBF I didn't have a lot of time to look very much further than spraying some GT-85 into the barrel and giving it a gentle tap on the bottom (no sniggering at the back!).
Is there anything I should be checking? I'm guessing the barrel comes apart easily enough, but if its knackered will one from another model fit? (had a quick look on ebay and there seems to be nothing on atm)

Thanks guys  :thumbsup
Tiger 885

threepot

Can't comment on this one,but seems plenty of info if you do a 'search'??
Apparently not easy to remove due to 'shear' bolts😕
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

Don't forget if you change the ignition the key won't match the tank or seat. Might be better getting a complete set.

Also 3pot is right there is something tricky going on with the ignition barrel fitting. You can't just unbolt it if memory serves.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?