News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Specific tiger stripes photo needed

Started by rlc5, July 09, 2005, 11:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlc5

Hi Folks,

I bought a crashed '99 and I'm now having it repainted.  I want to put the modern stripes on the tank, but in order to it the way my paint guy wants I will need a very high resolution (at least 3 megapixel, higher if possible) photo of the three stripes from one side.  I live in upstate NY almost 100 miles from the nearest Triumph dealer and so I wouldn't be able to do this myself for some time.  I have the only Tiger in town, also.

My paint guy said I should ask for a photo in which the three stripes fill the camera screen and that is at as high a resolution as possible.  He will then do something magical in illustrator and make a negative template so he can paint the stripes onto the tank (rather than using a decal).  The stripe color doesn't matter, although black stripes on silver or vice versa might give the best contrast.

Thanks in advance for any responses.  Just think, your very tiger could be immortalized on the tank of another.

Finally, to all you Brits out there, let me express my solidarity with you at this terrible time.
Rick

\'99 Tiger

\'96 Sprint

noivson

Tried to update the pics, but the sun came out....I'm out riding :P
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

rlc5

Hey, thanks!  I'll send them to my bodywork guy and see if they work.  

Best,

Rick
Rick

\'99 Tiger

\'96 Sprint

looch

Upstate New York? I live in Eastern Canada.  :wink:

Seriously, I live just north of the border near Malone, NY in Quebec. If that's anywhere near you, you're welcome to come up for a few pic's.
Looch

rlc5

Quote from: "looch"Upstate New York? I live in Eastern Canada.  :wink:

Seriously, I live just north of the border near Malone, NY in Quebec. If that's anywhere near you, you're welcome to come up for a few pic's.

Unfortunately, I'm about 250 miles from Malone (in Ithaca).

My painter says "I can't do anything with the image there is too much glare..Bob"  

I feel a bit odd about it, but I guess there's no harm in asking if you'd be willing to take another shot of the stripes but without your flash and in a shady location.  Also, could you check to see if your camera is on the highest resolution setting?

If you can do this, thanks much.  Once I get the old girl back on the road then maybe we can meet for an adirondacks ride.  Do we still let Canadians into the US or have they closed the border?  :wink:

You can email the photos to mailto:rlc5@cornell.edu">rlc5@cornell.edu.

Thanks,

Rick
Rick

\'99 Tiger

\'96 Sprint

looch

That wasn't me with the pics, although I could snap a couple tonight if need be. Being that mine is an '03, the stripes are black and not silver.

Yeah, they still let us across. There's a Mountain Market on the 30 in Speculator that has home made chili and sandwiches made to order. Been meaning to head back down there.
Looch

rlc5

Well, I'm just looking for a hi-res photo of stripes that has good contrast, no glare, etc.  If you can help out that would be super.

Chili in the Adirondacks sounds like a great early fall destination.  There is a Triumph riders club in Syracuse and maybe we can put that on the ride calendar.  I'll see if I can drum up some interest later in the summer.
Rick

\'99 Tiger

\'96 Sprint

looch

OK, so I tried last night. It seems the paint is just too glossy for me to get a glare-free shot. Maybe someone can do better or Photoshop out the glare?

Oh yeah, I could be wrong, but aren't the stripes decals? Maybe a graphics place might have an easier time of it. Just note that the clear coat goes on after the decals.
Looch

rlc5

Thanks for trying.  You are correct, they are decals.  The guy doing my bike paints on the graphics whenever he can.
Rick

\'99 Tiger

\'96 Sprint