News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Best Set up?

Started by Carl, May 13, 2018, 06:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Hi all. Bought a Blue Flame end can off daveb (nice chap) on here. What would you suggest for best set up? I'm thinking K&N and TOR tune. I don't trust myself with Tuneecu and unfortunately don't know anyone who can use it.

Carl

It's a 955i by the way!!

Timbox2

Who's gonna do the tune then?  With K&N and Blueflame without baffles definitely TOR tune. With baffles debatable. There are a few custom maps about too, I used one in my first 955 and it ran great, 2nd 955 didnt like it. And thats what your dealing with, they're all different, and will even run differently from day to day. Welcome to Sagem EFI.  :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Carl

There's an ex Triumph mechanic near me that will do the TOR tune.

Tiger-G

Quote from: Carl on May 13, 2018, 06:28:55 PM
Hi all. Bought a Blue Flame end can off daveb (nice chap) on here. What would you suggest for best set up? I'm thinking K&N and TOR tune. I don't trust myself with Tuneecu and unfortunately don't know anyone who can use it.

I'm deffo not an expert in all things tuning. Tune ECU is like losing your virginity, you're a bit nervous at first, but once you've done it you wonder what all the fuss was about   :thumbsup

I'd deffo go for the TOR map, it gives a bit more low down torgue and much better drivability. It takes away that surging at low revs too.

Go for it !!  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

Quote from: Timbox2 on May 13, 2018, 08:31:29 PM
Who's gonna do the tune then?  With K&N and Blueflame without baffles definitely TOR tune. With baffles debatable. There are a few custom maps about too, I used one in my first 955 and it ran great, 2nd 955 didnt like it. And thats what your dealing with, they're all different, and will even run differently from day to day. Welcome to Sagem EFI.  :icon_lol:

And that is it in a nutshell  :icon_rolleyes:

Can/TOR/K+N,I was going to say another tooth on the engine sprocket but my Bother and Sister in law live in Devon and feck me it takes for ever to get anywhere and going over 70 in your dreams  :icon_lol:

Carl

Quote from: Chris Canning on May 14, 2018, 03:14:37 PM
And that is it in a nutshell  :icon_rolleyes:

Can/TOR/K+N,I was going to say another tooth on the engine sprocket but my Bother and Sister in law live in Devon and feck me it takes for ever to get anywhere and going over 70 in your dreams  :icon_lol:

Ha ha. Some roads are like that. The worst have grass in the middle lol.