News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1999 tiger collector box and other questions

Started by Ron in Buffalo, May 20, 2018, 09:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron in Buffalo

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to get my collector box off. There are big rubber grommets on the outside of the bolts, this thing is a PITA, that I can't get off. Any and all suggestion are appreciated.  I am trying to replace my rear shock. I bought a Work Performance shock a couple of years and decided to change it.  So I don't have a center stand so I am going to lift it up from the rafters unless some else has a better idea. Right now I just want to get the collector box off. Thanks in advance.

99 tiger

Ron in Buffalo

I need some assistance not one soul ever had problems with removing their collector box.

Chris Canning

Wish I could help but despite having had 2 885i's and in the early days lost track of how many times I swapped between collector box and straight through pipe never remember the slightest problem when doing it.

I'd need to look at a photo of an 855i but are you sure the collector needs to come off,I take the can off my 955(which fits the 885i) when taking the shock out but the headers are left in situ.

Ron in Buffalo

It ended up being a 2 man job I had a friend held the nut while I back the bolt out. Also replace the back shock with a Work Performance shock I cannot believe the difference it made in the ride. I hate spending money on suspension upgrades but I love the results.