News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Air box mod revisited

Started by tri650, May 23, 2018, 06:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tri650

I have read through a lot of the threads about this mod but can't make the connection to my 885i.  I pulled out the snorkels (2) and tried to take out the metal plate but the 4 screws you see do not come out.  Similarly, the box does not separate due to the pinged screws.

I am planning on also de-gutting the exhaust and uploading a new tune - one that takes into account the airbox and exhaust mod.

Is just removing the snorkels enough?  Could I just open up the snorkel holes, or is the opening on the metal plate still too restrictive?

Chris Canning

As the OP all I can tell you was the mod was for the 955 there has been talk over the year about pulling the snorkel/s but never been a fan of such with them being at the front.

Some how for the mod to have any effect you have to remove the blanking plate inside the air box defeats the whole object of the excercise other wise.

I had 2 855i's before my 955 Took the collector box off and went with a straight threw pipe and a TOR can on the back but they where a league behind my 955 the fact they only redline at 8k makes a huge difference to the performance as well.