News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear brake rotors

Started by bemusedinsojo, June 29, 2018, 10:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on July 02, 2018, 08:25:23 PM
The thing is-,I don't remember removing this part. But when I went to the shop to swap tires, as I was walking in the above part clattered across the floor. I can't figure if it fell off my rim or if it was someone else's. I can't seem to match it to any parts diagram.

I seem to recognise it as something similar fitted on my old 955 Tiger?  Im sure it was the spacer that went inside the sprocket carrier on that bike
2016 Tiger Sport

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: Timbox2 on July 02, 2018, 08:41:10 PM
I seem to recognise it as something similar fitted on my old 955 Tiger?  Im sure it was the spacer that went inside the sprocket carrier on that bike
OMG I'm an idiot. :icon_redface: after reading timbox's post I got to looking on the girly site and here it is http://s96.photobucket.com/user/graeme_graeme/media/Rear%20-%20%201.jpg.html. That is twice timbox saved my bacon. Geez I'm now open for some well deserved razzing. Thanks all for help.

JayDub

Now I'm confused... This the steamer section, but that's not a steamer wheel  :icon_scratch:

Mustang

It goes inside the hub
Between the sprocket carrier bearing and the wheel bearing

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: JayDub on July 02, 2018, 11:33:23 PM
Now I'm confused... This the steamer section, but that's not a steamer wheel  :icon_scratch:
Yeah it's a steamer but the 955 has the same piece inside.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: JayDub on July 02, 2018, 05:19:09 PM
Pattern discs seem to have a higher iron content, or just a lower quality alloy, the Kazumi rear I fitted in august was showing significant corrosion by December.

The EBC's seem to be much better quality than most pattern disks, as good as OEM I would say.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport