News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955i Standard Exhaust Loan?

Started by cgartly, July 06, 2018, 07:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgartly

Hi,  I'm new to the group but not entirely new to the Tiger scene.  I had a 2005 955i from 2008-2012 and regrettably sold it.  My kids have now recently bought bikes so I searched for another lower mileage 2005-2006 Tiger.  Found one in California and bought it.  Having a bit of buyers remorse as upon looking at the bike better there are a lot of little parts that are damaged and based on that I paid too much, a few other little surprises too like missing pannier / top box keys. 

I fell into the trap of driving 18 hrs to look at it and should've either negotiated on price or walked away but I have it now so time to get on with it!

I imported it from the USA to Canada and unfortunately can't get it passed the import inspection with the TOR muffler, was hoping the inspector would turn a blind eye but he won't and unfortunately going to a different inspector isn't an option as in Canada Canadian Tire does all of the federal inspections.

Anyone in the USA or Canada happen to have a standard muffler I can borrow for a couple of days?  I would obviously pay freight to and from (I have a shipping address in WA state) and get it back to you as quickly as possible.

Timbox2

If nobody can lend you one Ebay is normally littered with the things, then just stick it back on when youve finished with it?
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Shame you are so far away I have a brand new one that was on the bike 17 years ago and taken off before it even came out of the shop.

atokad

I am in Denver, CO and have one.  Freight would probably be close to $80-$100, don't you think?  May consider just selling it to you if your interested? Like new, was on the bike for 3k miles.  Does not have the heat shield on it, I moved that to my TOR pipe when I installed it.

cgartly

Sorry for the delayed reply, I need to update my notification settings I think to send me an e-mail!

Anyways, I was able to get my bike through the inspection using an EPA approved muffler from a KTM bike, attached with muffler tape.......I know ridiculous and I wouldn't even have run the engine with it connected but got me my piece of paper.

Bike is on the road now, thanks everyone for reading!