News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Exhaust options

Started by tri650, July 19, 2018, 04:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tri650

I see a number of options available on eBay for an aftermarket exhaust for my 2000 885i.  Most in Europe.  Beowulf, Demon, etc.  Low prices.  Anyone with experience with these options?  I know I could just gut the stock but wanting something more attractive - and lighter weight.

Timbox2

Although Ive never bought one myself, Beowulf have a large Trade stand most years at the NEC bike show in the UK and their stuff seems well made enough and very popular over here.  I bought a Motad aftermarket exhaust for my last Girly, another UK option and the company that made the original Exhausts for Triumph
2016 Tiger Sport

HockleyBoy

The Triumph Offroad is pretty good if you can find one on ebay
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

orange99

Quote from: Timbox2 on July 19, 2018, 07:53:14 AM
Although Ive never bought one myself, Beowulf have a large Trade stand most years at the NEC bike show in the UK and their stuff seems well made enough and very popular over here.  I bought a Motad aftermarket exhaust for my last Girly, another UK option and the company that made the original Exhausts for Triumph

I had a Beowulf on my girly - great sound and looked good to my eyes;
2011 Yamaha TDM900                                                   2018 Tiger Sport
2008 Yamaha XJR1300

tri650

Good to know.  There is a chrome Beowulf on eBay at a very reasonable price. Did you do anything else when adding the Beowulf - open up air box, new tune?

orange99

Quote from: tri650 on July 28, 2018, 03:22:33 PM
Good to know.  There is a chrome Beowulf on eBay at a very reasonable price. Did you do anything else when adding the Beowulf - open up air box, new tune?
I just had a new tune added when I was having some work done at the dealers and the bike already had a K&N filter but no work to the airbox.

2011 Yamaha TDM900                                                   2018 Tiger Sport
2008 Yamaha XJR1300

VABird

I have a Stayintune on my Girly and really like the sound. It was on the bike when I bought it, so the only comparison that I have with stock on a triple is from my (sold) Tiger 1050. Louder, but not obnoxious by any means.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16