News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New clutch cable...

Started by Lee337, October 18, 2018, 05:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

on order & on it's way. Guess I'll be playing in the garage again this weekend   :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Timbox2

Weekend seems a bit excessive to replace a cable even if the tank has to come off :icon_biggrin:
2016 Tiger Sport

Lee337

It's either that or gardening the missus would refer I garden  :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Tiger-G

I haven't had to do a clutch cable yet on my 2006 with 52,000 miles on the clock. How many miles has yours got on it, I might be getting close ??
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Lee337

It's done around 58,000 miles. Not sure if/when it was last replaced but they're not too expensive so more prevention than repair.

Not too much adjustment left & I almost need two hands to pull it in. Gone for a Slinky Glide cable from Wemoto.

Lee337

New cable fitted, what a difference it's made. Clutch is now almost a two finger job  :icon_mrgreen:

Tiger-G

Quote from: Lee337 on October 21, 2018, 09:40:32 PM
New cable fitted, what a difference it's made. Clutch is now almost a two finger job  :icon_mrgreen:

Ha....yeah, always a good idea to keep them lubed too. I usually tie wrap a plastic bag round the top of the cable and spray chain lube down it when it starts to get stiff. You know when you've got enough in when it comes out at the bottom. Chain lube goes in thin enough to spread, then thickens up and stays put.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.